1. How did you get started in BJJ?
To compete in MMA in 2005
2. What is your current rank and who gave it to you? Where do you currently train at now?
Purple, Machado Brothers, CSA/GRACIEFIGHTER in Dublin,CA under Matheus Andre & Cesar Gracie
3. Is there a person you would like to roll with if you were given the opportunity?
Not in particular, I’m just grateful to train BJJ.
4. Do you compete in BJJ?
5. How did you do in all your tournaments? Accomplishments?
Too many to list
1st place finish at Worlds as a white & blue belt are my biggest BJJ achievements, member of the USA Grappling Team awhile back & won 1st at the American Cup last year.
6. What do you do for a living? Work? School?
Part times doing HRIS- Human Resource Information Systems
7. What do you enjoy doing other than BJJ? Hobbies?
Kickboxing, MMA, CrossFit, lifting, fitness, traveling & spending time with my family
8. How has BJJ changed your life?
Changed my perspective on life.
There’s many different ways to accomplish a goal, so don’t just be fixated on one path.
9. Any advice to the new white belts that recently started BJJ?
It’ll get easier. Keep up the hard work. Nothing great comes easy.
10. What do you like most and least about BJJ?
Being part of a team, group fitness & improving technique together as a team!
BJJ advice from blues & whites, smelly patrons, dirty gis, chest hair, & overall bad hygiene are my pet peeves in BJJ.
11. Do you train any other martial arts or exercise other than BJJ?
Yes..Mentioned as hobbies above.
11. Is there anything else you would like to say to the readers of this interview? Osssssssss!
Jiu-Jitsu Spotlight is to allow one’s personal opinions, advices and journey into their Jiu Jitsu training and lifestyle.
If you train Jiu-Jitsu, and would like to be featured on our website and share your love and passion for BJJ, please email to email@example.com. All belt ranking are accepted as long as you love BJJ and you feel that it as impacted your life for the positive in any way. Osss!
Check out http://www.Knoxxgear.com