1. How did you get started in BJJ?
Early 90’s maybe 93
2. What is your current rank and who gave it to you? Where do you currently train at now?
Purple, Rigan Machado. Five Star Martial Arts
3. Is there a person you would like to roll with if you were given the opportunity?
4. Do you compete in BJJ?
I use to compete worlds and Pan ams
5. How did you do in all your tournaments? Accomplishments?
Highest was 3rd in pan ams
6. What do you do for a living? Work? School?
7. What do you enjoy doing other than BJJ? Hobbies?
Muay Thai, plyometrics, kettlebells
8. How has BJJ changed your life?
Makes me more relaxed. Relieves stress
9. Any advice to the new white belts that recently started BJJ?
Leave your ego at the door. Relax.
10. What do you like most and least about BJJ?
I like the fact BJJ is not about the stronger guy. I don’t like the fact I don’t have enough time to train BJJ
11. Do you train any other martial arts or exercise other than BJJ?
Muay Thai, plyometrics, circuit, kettle bells
12. Is there anything else you would like to say to the readers of this interview?
BJJ is a lifestyle.
Jiu-Jitsu Spotlight is to allow one’s personal opinions, advices and journey into their Jiu Jitsu training and lifestyle.
If you train Jiu-Jitsu, and would like to be featured on our website and share your love and passion for BJJ, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All belt ranking are accepted as long as you love BJJ and you feel that it as impacted your life for the positive in any way. Osss!
Check out http://www.Knoxxgear.com