1) How did you get started in BJJ?
Travis Stevens was my team mate on the San Jose state university judo team, and he brought me over to Dave Camarillo when he was still teaching at AKA.
2) What is your current rank and who gave it to you? Where do you currently train at now?
Brown belt under Mike Prudencio. I train at One World Jiu-Jitsu and AKA Sunnyvale.
3) Is there a person you would like to roll with if you were given the opportunity?
4) Do you compete in BJJ?
5) What do you do for a living? Work? School?
Teach Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, CrossFit, Olympic Lifting, bartend, manage security at a bar, as well as running and coaching at my own gym, Anchored strength & conditioning in Milpitas!
6)What do you enjoy doing other than BJJ? Hobbies?
Playing guitar, competitive CrossFit, judo and swimming.
7) How has BJJ changed your life?
It has been a primary gateway to doing what I love for a living, which is training myself and others!
8) Any advice to the new white belts that recently started BJJ?
9) What do you like most and least about BJJ?
I love the true technical nature of it. I love that I can get completely destroyed by someone 80 lbs lighter than me. I do not like guard pulling, though.
10) Do you train any other martial arts or exercise other than BJJ?
Judo, CrossFit, Olympic lifting and swimming.
11) Is there anything else you would like to say to the readers of this interview?
Surround yourself with those that are better than you while bringing others up to or beyond your level and never stop learning!
Jiu-Jitsu Spotlight is to allow one’s personal opinions, advices and journey into their Jiu Jitsu training and lifestyle.
If you train Jiu-Jitsu, and would like to be featured on our website and share your love and passion for BJJ, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All belt ranking are accepted as long as you love BJJ and you feel that it as impacted your life for the positive in any way. Osss!
Check out http://www.Knoxxgear.com